Saturday, January 12, 2013

Let the adventures begin!

Now that I'm sitting in a Lufthansa lounge at the airport in Frankfurt Germany, it's finally dawned on me that I'm about to embark on what likely will be an epic wetland adventure in Abu Dhabi. It's also nice to finally be in the country of most of my ancestors (yes, Andy, I'm currently drinking a German beer at 7am). This is the first time that I've been out of the states in well over 3 years and it's amazing that my new job is taking me abroad. When I have a more solid idea of what exactly our rag tag crew will be doing in the mangroves, wetlands, and sabkhas of the United Arab Emirates, I'll let you know. Can't wait! In the meantime, check out the food and drink spread in the lounge (ah, the joys of traveling with someone with over a million frequent flyer miles).

No comments:

Post a Comment